Performance Muffler

From: charles talbott (talbott-111@rocketmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 17 1998 - 17:56:12 EST

Need some advice. I have a 97 SLT Dakota 318 V8. I was
thinking of putting a Flow Master, SUV 50 series three
chamber Muffler on to increase my performance. I don't want
a real loud muffler, and am not sure if it would be better
to stay with the single tail pipe or go duals. Does any one
any advice on this.
                              Thanks
                              Charles C. Talbott

===

Dear Homer. IOU one emergency donut. Signed Homer.
Bastard! He's always one step ahead.
-- Homer Simpson

---DML Digest <owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net> wrote:

> DML Digest Monday, November 16 1998 Volume 04 :
Number 004

> [...]
> RE: DML: TB list, stage ONE
> Re: DML: Farewell Chrysler
> DML: ATTN: Audiophiles
> DML: polishing R/T wheels ?
> DML: reset computer
> Re: DML: TB list, stage ONE Only!Attn Frank
> DML: Stood up for Mother Mopar ;-)
> Re: DML: reset computer
> DML: Re: ATTN: Audiophiles
> DML: Re: polishing R/T wheels ?
> DML: RE: polishing R/T wheels ?
> RE: DML: TB list, stage ONE Only!Attn Frank
> Re: DML: big tires
> re: DML: speedo & tires
> Re: DML: TB list, stage ONE
> DML: Where are the Stickers?
> DML: TB Mods
> RE: DML: TB list, stage ONE Only!Attn Frank
> RE: DML: TB list, stage ONE
> DML: RE: TB Mods
> DML: which TB should I get? attn: Bruce and Frank
> DML: ATTN: Audiophiles -Reply
> DML: reset computer -Reply
> DML: Re: polishing R/T wheels ? -Reply
> DML: RE: which TB should I get? attn: Bruce and Frank
> Re: DML: TB list, stage ONE Only!Attn Frank
> DML: RE: which TB should I get? attn: Bruce and Frank -Reply
> DML: Stage 1 confirmation attn:Bruce
> Re: DML: ATTN: Audiophiles
> Re: DML: Re: polishing R/T wheels ?
> Re: DML: ATTN: Kyle
> DML: Vortech R/T support
> Re: DML: ATTN: Kyle
> DML: speakers--> Kyle
> Re: DML: ATTN: Audiophiles
> Re: DML: big tires
> Re: DML: Washshing the JETII
> Re: DML: speakers--> Kyle
> Re: DML: ATTN: Audiophiles
> DML: RE: Vortech R/T support
> Was DML: Farewell Chrysler----NASCAR
> Re: [Fwd: DML: Carlsbad Drag results]RE:
> Re: DML: polishing R/T wheels ?
> Re: DML: speakers--> Kyle
> Re: DML: Vortech R/T support
> Re: DML: Stood up for Mother Mopar ;-)
> Re: DML: Re: polishing R/T wheels ?
> Re: DML: Washshing the JETII
> Re: DML: ATTN: Audiophiles
> Re: DML: ATTN: Audiophiles -Reply
> Re: DML: Re: Dyno numbers
> DML: RE: TB status
> DML: RE: Vortech R/T support Attn Dan
> Re: DML: RE: TB status (Frank)
> DML: Re: DML Digest V4 #3
> DML: Re: DML Digest V4 #3
> DML: RE: speakers--> Kyle
> DML: Re: DML Digest V4 #3

> Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 23:57:37 EST
> From: BlKV8Dkota@aol.com
> Subject: Re: DML: TB list, stage ONE Only!Attn Frank
>
> Sounds great but isn't your truck a Ram SS/T with a 360? What could
you
> expect form a 98,318 Dak with only a K&N and a 180 thermostat? Will
this give
> me low end twist to get off the line? And how can I pay? Do you
have any way
> to take visa? Or can you only take checks? And what exactly do you
do for a
> stage two and what is the differece beteween the stages? Sorry for
all the
> questions but I just want to Know what I am buying?

Chrysler

> >For smooth shifts and to extend component life, the PCM (now called
a JTEC
> >plus; ed) uses something called shift torque management. During
upshifts
> >(sounds to me like spirited useage... ) near wide-open throttle,
the PCM
> >retards spark and shuts off fuel to every other cylinder. To protect
> >components, the PCM also practices engine rpm management in
relation to
> >transmission stall speed. This helps protect components if an
operator
> >rocks the vehicle or if the transmision is shifted into Drive from
Neutral
> >at higher rpm."
> >
> >a drawing representing the pcm... shows inj# 1,4,6,7, lit up with
inj#
> >8,3,5,2 shut down (dead)
> >
> >caption: figure 47 - During upshifts near wide-open throttle, the PCM
> >retards the spark and shuts off fuel to every other cylinder.
> >
> >my source:
> >
> >4.7L Engine Highlights
> >page 15
> >#9, September '98
> >MASTERTECH
> >Chrysler Motors
> >
> >i take such publications seriously...
> >
> >did i read it wrong... or possibly mis-quote...? don't the tech
center guys
> >have access to this info from cc... i'm just a bump on the log
downtown
> >here in greaseville and i got it... :-) (no flames intended,
please, 'cept
> >maybe at myself :))
> >
> >my prediciton: a drag racer's future creed... "... love that new
shift
> >torque management engine rpm management system!, shore 'nuff do!"
"if an

> All kidding aside (and I do think it's funny...) it sounds like this
is all
> accomplished within the timeframe of the upshift... so their
transmissions
> can be built even wimpier, and not slip during a shift....oops...
there I
> go... to 'smooth' the shift (read soften).
>
> I for one would like to see more 'software' modification equipment out
> there... like a little switch that would remove this 'feature' and
firm the
> shift up... like is available for brand 'C'
>

> Gary Shook
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 23:02:28 -0600
> From: jim miller <jmiller@texnet.net>
> Subject: Re: DML: Re: Dyno numbers
>
> - --------------B3C99B1B597B83161C8BD5FE
>

> > Subject: DML: Dyno numbers
> > I need some help here to compare dyno # with
> > somebody else that have dyno tested a complete
> > stock R/T 5.9 and a regular 5.2. I dyno tested
> > my -99 R/T CC 5.9 today and got really
> > disappointed. Here are some numbers: 3700rpm /
> > 247ft/lb torque4700rpm / 189 HP Please get back
> > to me with some # that I can compare with, I
> > think the factory have installed a 5.2 in my
> > truck. I will check it at work on Monday, and if
> > they have..............well lawsue comes to
> > mind, because they charge me $1585 extra for a
> > 5.9I would like if you could e-mail me direct
> > instead of to the list. Swede at Huffines Dodge
> >
> Sometimes I wonder the same thing about my 99 R/T RC.
> Everybody tells of their traction problems with the R/T and
> the Motor Trend video showed an R/T smooking the tires quite
> easily. Mine doesn't. The only way my R/T will burn rubber
> is if I power brake it or really stand on it from a stop and

=== message truncated ===