[Fwd: Mopar Header Install]1st impressions

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Nov 19 1998 - 11:38:09 EST

Just back from the muffler shop, first impressions are, more power
through-out the power band, good sound, baaad smell. Alan S.

attached mail follows:

I installed my MOPAR headers on my R/T yesterday afternoon. It took
about 3 1/2 hrs, but it wasn't easy. I had a lift, sawzall and full
mechanics tools, and anyone wishing to install them should have the
same. I can't imagine doing the install with ramps, a hacksaw, and 101
of Sears best, it would have been Hell. The Y-Pipe goes all the way to
the front of the Cat, so you'll cut off 12-18" of the factory pipe. The
Drivers side goes in from the top, the passenger from the bottom(hung up
on the tranny cover) and don't forget the heat shield bolts on the pass.
side, they need to be grinded off ( thanks Tate ). 1 of the 3 collector
bolts on each side were very hard to get to and tighten, but it can be
done. All told, if you're not experienced with hot rodding mechanics,
and don't have a righteous set of tools, pay someone to do the install.
I'm off to the muffler shop for welds, I'll let everyone know about
performance, mileage, and sound in a couple of days. Alan S.