[Fwd: Heat and humidity, the enemy]

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Nov 19 1998 - 11:52:01 EST

Dana, I guess I owe you an apology, I saw an article posted on a fellow
dml'ers site with a magazine article on R/T 1/4 mi racing. Their first
runs were 15.1, like mine. They did get in the 14's by lowering the
tailgate and running 20 pounds of air in the Goodyears. I didn't realize
the tires weren't getting a bite, I even drive around the burnout box
because I didn't think it was necessary. Just wait 'till FEB when the
track opens again, no tailgate, no spare, barely any air, look out 14's.
Alan S.

attached mail follows:

90 degrees and 80 percent humidity!!!!!!!!!!!!I If you run in the 50 degree
weather you WILL be very suprised at the difference in times. I have noticed
this truck,(R/T) is EXTREMELY sensitive to heat and especially humidity. I
have time tickets from the same track with the same mods done showing a 4
tenth decrease in e.t. going from 80 degrees and 50 percent humidity to 52
degrees and 40 percent humidity. I know it seems like a lot but it is the
only difference. Humidity I think is the factor mostly though. Altitude is a
huge factor also, and I am at approximately sea level.

Dana W