Miracle Worker Strikes Again !!!

From: Alan J. Thompson (vladimir@texas.net)
Date: Thu Nov 19 1998 - 20:56:04 EST

Ok, Installed one my new Magnum Perf Throttle Bodies. Lets just say night
became day very quickly. I am not sure just how to describe the difference,
the words are not coming...
That ol' Miracle Worker Jules has made a real believer out of me, and
some...

Just to be clear, here are a few of my 96 Indy Ram mods: 4.10 posi,
Computer, pulleys, no clutch fan, Jacobs Ignition, MP headers, 180 thermo,
1.7 rockers, R/T springs, functional ram-air hood and custom airbox, Stage
II throttle-body, that's all I want to list for now...

A few observations:
1. Throttle response is now crisp and clean, its like driving a different
vehicle.
2. 10-15' tire tracks are now 30-40'. (Anybody got a good pair of slicks or
traction
        bars for cheap).
3. Off-line non-stalled launch is now same as stalled launch.(stock
converter).
4. 20mph punch results in about a 10 patch of black marks... its really fun
when the
        truck squats way down, and completely extends up the front suspension,
kinda like a
        rocket launching.
5. top-end is even better(I race a friend of mine that has a similarly
equipped Indy, we used to be about dead-even, give or take 6', now, I pull
by 2 full truck lengths from
        0-100, and that's including the extra tire spin).

I don't think I have the guts to go ahead and install the 3000 stall
converter just yet...

I only unfortunate thing about the whole experience is, now I have to take
it off and put it on my friends Indy, bummer... HOWEVER, That's fine,
cause, I have (insert drum roll)
......"the other"......

Ya know Jules, this experiment has been pretty fun, got any other stuff you
want tested...
I will see about posting some before/after dyno numbers after I install
(insert another drum roll)..."the other"...

Yippee from deep in the heart of Austin, Texas...

VLAD
96 Indy
"FASRAM"