[Fwd: R/T rear end whine?]

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Fri Nov 20 1998 - 09:52:58 EST

Steve, a few have had the whine or vibration at about 70-80 mph on up. I
had the whine in my R/T but it eventually went away a little at a time.
I'm just short of 10,000 mi. and the whine has totally dissappeared.
2 weeks ago I took a 500 mi. road trip and ran between 80-115 many miles
(mostly 80) and the noise wasn't there. I think it must be a rear end
break-in thing. Alan S.

attached mail follows:

My rear end has been whining for a while at ~ 2400 rpm in OD and seems to be
getting slightly louder. I realize a 3.92 axle ratio may make more noise than
a 3.00, but my question is does anyone else experience this with their R/T?
Steve in Houston