Re: Re: Fuel pressure attn Bill

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Fri Nov 20 1998 - 12:34:15 EST

At 01:48 PM 11/19/98 , you wrote:

>>I don't know if this will work with our trucks, but I learned from a friend
>that drove the BIG RIGs that all that they would do is take a pair of vice
>grips and clamp it onto the fuel line from the tank just enough to give a
>small crimp, but not totally block it off and it would raise the fuel
>pressure and give the rig more power.

I drove 18-wheelers for more years than I care to remember and this is the
first I've heard of anything like that. Doesn't mean that it's not done or
not possible but, fact is, that there are easier and more reliable ways to
turn up a truck motor than pinching off a fuel line. If only the fuel pumps
in our Daks were as accessible and easy to modify as the fuel pumps in most
big trucks. BTW, a "rig" is something you find in the middle of an oil
field. 18-wheelers are TRUCKS.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail,net

Some mornings it just doesn't seem
worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.