Re: Re:Vortech

From: Daniel Colucci (djcolucci@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Nov 21 1998 - 14:42:30 EST

Vortech? I have to tune it in and get it to run properly. I in no way am
saying that I am having problems. You guys are making it seem like the
thing isn't running. Vortech told me that computer mods would have to be
made to get this thing to run the way it should an I'll get those done
after I check the fuel pressure and boost. In no way am I saying that I am
having problems, I just want this truck to run faster.

Dan

----------
> From: Ron Merx <ronmerx@nol.net>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: Re:Vortech
> Date: Saturday, November 21, 1998 11:19 AM
>

> Holloway,Frank T wrote:
>
> > Ron,
> > Just out of curiosity, what type of boost are you running (stock pulley
on
> > your Vortech ???). What is your ignition retard curve. I couldn't even
come
> > close to using the MP ignition curve on my 95 with a Vortech. Thanks in
> > advance.....
>
> Frank,
> I'm running 8-9 psi boost with a 2.75" pulley (stock being 3.125). Also
using
> the
> MP computer with a MSD6-AL. Boost retard set at 2 (10 deg retard) for 93
octane
> and set it at 1 (5 deg retard) for 100 octane. Was toying with the idea
of
> installing an inter-cooler but will save that project for when (and if) I
ever
> get my yellow R/T.
> Hope I don't run into the same problems as Dan is having with his
vortech.

> Ron Merx (IndyRon)
> <ronmerx@nol.net>
>
> '96 Ram Indy Pace Truck, Vortech Supercharger, Mopar R/T cam, Mopar Perf.
> Computer, Crower 1.7 rockers w/ H-D springs, MSD 6A-BTM ignition, J&S
Digital