Re: Re: Re:Vortech attn. Frank

From: Daniel Colucci (djcolucci@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Nov 22 1998 - 12:26:52 EST

Frank ,

I have the name and number of a company that is said to be able to custom
program the obd II computers. The name is Rom Zimmer of Z Industries.
Phone # 714-779-1740. I haven't called him yet but was told by a guy that
is running 12.7's with a Paxton SC'd Ram that he can do the work. I was
told the price to do the computer would be around $500.

What did you have to do to the 95 computer to get it dialed in with the
Vortech? I was thinking about having the timing retarded, fuel remapped
for larger injectors., losing the rev limiter, and ???? Any help in this
matter would be greatly appreciated.

In your opinion what should be the next modification I make. TB stage II,
Computer, Injectors, Cam, Manifold, or others?

Dan
----------
> From: Holloway,Frank T <Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG>
> To: 'dakota-truck@buffnet.net'
> Subject: RE: DML: Re: Re:Vortech attn. Dan
> Date: Saturday, November 21, 1998 3:52 PM
>
> Dan,
> If you find someone to work on the factory computer, please let me know.
> know that it took a lot of work to get my 95 to work correctly. I have a
> spare SC and toyed with the idea of putting it on my 98. At this point, I
am
> leaning towards the Kenne Bell setup. I know Jim Bell personally and he
has
> given me a pretty good price on his setup but even he has been unable to
> re-flash the factory computer but his modules are getting better. Keep in
> touch....
>
> Frank

Perf.
> > Computer, Crower 1.7 rockers w/ H-D springs, MSD 6A-BTM ignition, J&S
> > Digital
> > Safeguard, MPI Pro Street TBI, DynaMax muffler 3" hiflo cat exhaust
> > (custom
> > built), 4.10 Gears, Borla Headers, 24# injectors, TransGo kit, B&M
Floor