Re: Dakota suspensions

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Nov 24 1998 - 08:27:49 EST

>When I am driving at normal speeds and when I encounter any kind
>of bump in the road even a small one my truck seems to one to "jump"
>from one side to the other.

It's a common to pickups because a truck's suspension needs
to be strong and stiff for loading and hauling. When not loaded,
the suspension is often too stiff.

Just read about a product that Dana and BFG combined on called
Velvet-Ride Springs. They are actually spring hanger replacements.

They are supposed to maintain OEM hanger dimensions (not for lowered
or raised trucks), reduce rear suspension vibration/bumpiness,
significantly improve cornering on rough surfaces and still support
the weight load ratings without altering ride height.

The author of the article claims that they are probably the best thing
to ever happen to the truck world when it comes to improving ride quality
at an affordable price. Installation is 1 hour or less.

Available at Powertrain Industries, Brea CA or Garden Grove CA.

Sound good, if true. Has anyone tried them?

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 auto., flame red
  Gibson duals, KN drop-in
  Coloured-keyed grille guard, running boards
      and hard tonneau cover
  Deflectors, grille insert
  AR-211 15x7 rims (4.75" backspace)