Thanks Sam; MSD troubles anyone?

From: JeffofSLU@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 24 1998 - 19:29:20 EST

Thanks for the advice Sam! I'd been putting off the FIPK due to concerns
about sucking all that hot air, but what I've heard from the DML gives me
confidence. Oh, by the way, sorry it took so long for me to respond, but I've
been out of town for the past few days.

On another note, I've noticed while reading through the archives that quite a
few people have had disapointing experiences with the MSD Ignition. A friend
of mine recently put the exact same kit (MSD 6A, Blaster 3 coil, wires) as I
have on his 1998 318. He lost bottom end power just as many others seem to
have, and he's had no measurable increase in gas mileage and no increase in
throttle response that he can feel. The only thing that he did diffirentley
than I did was to use Summit's "no crimp, posi-lock wire connectors" instead
of soldering his connections. I've been trying to get him to re-do his
connections, but he's just too damn lazy. This is probably not the problem
anyway, but I figure its worth a shot. Hope this helps someone.