Re: '97 Dodge Dakota Sport, Guages Fail.

From: axeman (andrews3@ghplus.infi.net)
Date: Sat Nov 28 1998 - 00:56:25 EST

Michael Thompson wrote:

> I have a Dodge Dakota Sport with the gauge package (which I think
> comes with the sport package anyway), every now and then all the guages just
> cease to work driving down the road, and the dodge place has replaced
> them 3 times, checked a loose ground, etc.. just wondered if someone
> else was having this problem. Yes, and they have checked the TSB. If
> someone has
> had this problem, and had a dealer to fix it, could you please refer me the
> phone #, name, and address of the dealer so I could get mine to call them.
> Thanx!
>
> Mike

Same thing happened to mine ! It's the Electronic Control Module. They
replaced the instrument cluster and within 5 miles from the dealer they
went dead. After keeping it all night they put a module from a new one
in and put mine in the new truck and lo and behold the new truck lost
its guages. Your dealer can check with Norwin Dodge (Pennsylvania).

Dave
97 SPORT