Re: MPG on the R/T (w/93 octane?)

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Nov 30 1998 - 08:41:09 EST

At 09:14 PM 11/29/1998 -0800, you wrote:
>On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Jack Hilton III wrote:
>
>> On the way up, I filled up just before getting on the interstate with
>> premium fuel (93 octane).
>
>I don't mean to start a war here, but I think you're crazy for using
>anything higher than 87 octane. Just my opinion.

I used to not use higher than 87, BUT I have noticed that my truck will
start spark-knocking under WOT when it is hot , like after sitting in
bumper-to-bumper traffic with the 87. From everything that I have heard ,
the dealer will most likely tell me that I need to run premium (which I do
not) as a fix , so untill I actually get the time to bring her by the shop
and raise hell , I will run premium. Hell , I can get 93 octane here for
about 95 cents per gallon , so I'm not complaining too much.

But yes , the owner's manual says 87 , you are correct .
Jack Hilton

HEMI@charter.net