tire info

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Mon Nov 30 1998 - 09:36:29 EST

" Josh, I have 275/60 BFG Radial TA's on all corners and like them
alot. They
get great traction wet or dry, especially compared to the Goodyear
Eagles
that
I had before. I think they are something like 11 inches wide and almost
28
inches tall but I could be wrong.

Will
<<I want to get some sticky tires for my truck. I have the stock 15x7
rims.
Could someone tell me the widest size I can stick on the back rims and
the
best brand for the street? "

Josh- 275's are too wide for a 7" wheel, they need to be on an 8"
wheel. 255's are pushing the limits of the 7" wheel. Any wider and
you'll end up wearing the center of the tread out prematurely, plus lose
traction because the tire will not plant the tread area properly on the
road.

Patrick