Re: RE: Transmission oil cooler

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 30 1998 - 13:07:35 EST

I know a good friend of the family who does tranny work and when I bought my
93 Dakota 4x4 V6 he highly suggested putting one on. He said reguardless of
the towing I may do, the #1 factor that causes a tranny to go bad is when the
ATF goes bad and heats up. I ended up getting a tranny cooler put on my V6
that is almost as big as my radiator, it's supposed to be on a 1 ton
dump/landscape truck. I change the ATF every 25,000 miles and I have never had
a burnt smelling ATF or a brown color to it. My truck now has 97,500 miles on
it and I know the tranny is in great condition. There has also never been
excessive buildup of metal particles in the fluid or in the bottom on of the
pan, just normal amounts. I would suggest putting one on!
Kyle