hiway stall... been there

From: Geoffrey Gaskin (lilblakv8dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 30 1998 - 18:52:44 EST

don't feel bad, that stall was what caused me to get rid of my 90 3.9
dak. I had the same problem... it would run, then just start
sputtering and then just die. Let it sit for a few minutes and it
would crank up like new. My mechanic, changed my filter, nothing,
changed my coil, nothing, we even ordered a regular cpu from chrysler,
nothing... it still would do it. So I finally broke down and took it
to the dealership. After about 2 weeks, THEY couldn't find the
problem. We (my mech and I) tried everything, to no avail. But there
was on thing that caused a temporary fix, it was called the harmonic
something, some switch under the distributor if I remember
correctly... only cost a few dollars and made it run for awhile..
Anyway, that was about the time my truck was vandalized at the
delarship, but I have already told that story, now I have one fast 98,
and a $230 note for 66mos.

now for another topic... gas mileage.
I seem to have the same ordeal, I have a 98rc 318 auto 3.55, below 60
(on the overhead) I average 20-21.4 as a best... but above 60, like
around 70, I stay around 18, above 75, it just steadily drops. In
town, I average in the 14's, but then again, I let NO ONE pass me ;)
BTW, no bed cover(yet) tale gate up, and 87 (super cost $1.19 up
here. I would say my average is 16.

enough for now

==
LilBlakV8Dak@yahoo.com