Slushbox woes....

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 08:22:21 EST

Hey everyone!
With deer, Christmas shopping and work I havent had much time to talk or much
to say until now. The Dak has been running great, but the other day, I went
to snart er up to go to hell/work. The previous night was cold so I let er
warm up. Went to back out of the driveway and at the top (inclined driveway),
she lost all power and the tranny started whining and grinding loudly. Put it
neutral and it stopped immediately. Put it in drive and it didnt make the
noises, but had little power. I rolled back down in the driveway and tried
again. Same noises in reverse.
I had her towed into the dealer that put a new/rebuilt 46RH in last december.
This was on thursday. Monday, when they finally got to it, they couldnt
reproduce the grind or the whine.
I think it was the torque converter. The trans tech told me it could have
been drain-back. Where the t.c. dosent get enough fluid and makes this
noise. He said the 92's do not have a anti drainback valve.

Does anyone know where this valve is located and how hard is it to install.
Or will this even solve my prob?
Thanks every one and happy holidays!

Boog
92 LE 318/518 4x4