Re: High performance Computer for 97+

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 12:57:14 EST

close... CARB approval means 50th state legal.... EPA still has
jusrisdiction on federal clear air standards... Alot of other Counties
(emissions in western states is regulated on the county level, I don't know
about back east..) also require that your equipment be CARB approved,
Maricopa county in Arizona (Phoenix), for example...

There are parts out there listed as "49 state legal" which means they've
passed the EPA tests, but have not applied or passed the CARB tests. But
just because it's legal in your state, doesn't mean it's legal in your
county... (dont'cha love government?)

Gary Shook

> I talked to the Magnum Tech line today also and I got the same
> "...problems with the EPA..." answer that some have gotten .

CARB approval means 50 state legal. The delay is most likely
production related.

<snip>