Re: RE: C&D tests a Ford Lightning....

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 18:39:32 EST

At 05:05 PM 12/1/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Aheem, with those numbers I don't there is going to be too much spanking
>going on except by the "heavily mod'd" boys. Price doesn't look too bad
>either (if you take an R/T, put on the blower, and figure from $$$$s for
>screwing around and breaking parts its prob. not a bad deal). And that
>Eaton blower is a nice unit...
>
>Nice torque numbers (grunt, grunt). What were the blower guys showing on
>the 5.9? I seem to remember it only being 400 or so... Ok Dodge, lets
>go! The R/T isn't the big stick on the block any more...
>
>Craig

Yeah, I agree with the price thing. I should have said that's a lot for ME
to spend, since I have no cash! =)

I love torque too! There are a fair amount of racers on the list running
not too far from that et. The others are runnig in the mid-low 15's with a
few easy mods. I on the other hand, am not....

The thing is that the blower is pumping out 8 freakin psi!!! That's a
pretty crappy et and hp number for so much boost and an intercooler,
especially since it makes 260 horses stock (i think) for the 99's.

Just my opinion....

I can see it now, blown hot rod Dodges from the factory!! Hehehe!

Brian