Failing Gauges in '97 Dakota Sport

From: Michael Thompson (jmt@rfci.net)
Date: Wed Dec 02 1998 - 20:35:36 EST

Sorry for re posting this again, trying to compile a list of people having
this same problem and had it corrected (Getting a phone # list ready for
the dealer... I want to make sure I won't have to take it back again!)

When riding down the road the gages, speedometer, etc will intermediately
go off... not all at once, maybe the speedometer, and then another time the
tachometer, etc... it usually happens when I am using more power like the
radio, lights, and fan are on, etc... that is when is seems it occurs most.
I have gotten two solutions to the problem and dealer info, but I forgot to
add that not all the gauges are going off at once.. just one, or sometimes
two, then all of them, etc... Once again the dealer has replaced the gauge
package 3 times, and tightened the ground (supposedly). They have read the
TSB, and actually showed it to me. They are being sorta lame about this..
looks like they would know it is something else if they have replaced "3"
gauge packages!!!. If you have any info, please post or send via E-mail to
me the Name of dealer, Phone # of dealer, the service person that fixed the
problem that you dealt with and the name and state the dealer is in. ...
sorry for the long message post:

Mike, '97 Dakota Sport