Re: Re: Vortech Group Buy... was: Vorteched R/T

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 00:16:22 EST

<< Consider also, that the Supercharger operates whether you want it too or
 not. What is the longevity of a supercharger by the way, I never see those
 numbers? >>

I've seen Vortech equipped cars go 50,000+ miles trouble free. The Vortech
design is the most reliable on the market .. The only time I ever hear of
bearing failures and whatnot is from Paxton, and I suspect their self
contained (ATF) lubrication system is the culprit.

<< Also, motor wear is reduced by running the engine normally
aspirated most of the time without the SC. What's the cost of replacing the
typical motor? Normally aspirated motors, without N20 or a SC would last
even longer. Not to mention the cost saving of upgrading the motor to
similar HP ratings of the SC. A good cam and heads and intake cost less
than the cheapest SC, although you are adding more HP in the long run. >>

Well, of course.. less stress on the engine. We're looking for horsepower
here, and sometimes you sacrifice alittle bit of reliability in that quest
<sigh> .. :)

Our motors should last a very, very long time with the stock 3.125" pulley
Vortech uses on their kits.. also make use of the Crane Hi-6TR they include w/
the kit, and you should have no problems.

<< I
think there is a lot to be considered before spending $3000-5000 for a SC.
Although they look good under the hood, there are drawbacks to them as
well. >>

Well, I sell the Vortech S-trim kits for $2,649 all day every day, and they
are probably the best way to go ... Kenne Bell's supposed to have a very well
thought out package, but it's $3,800... Now that's a drawback.

ttyl
Patrick