RE: 97 brake rotors

From: Sawyer, Travis (tsawyer@northc.com)
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 08:45:15 EST

My fiancee's '92 Plymouth Laser (aka talon, eclipse) had a warpage
problem. (In fact ALL 1st gen Diamond Star Motors cars do).

I bought 'Brembo' disks from a place in the south east called
the Brake Warehouse. The disks ROCK. I've hammered them rather
diligently to seat the pads. Car stops on a dime now.

>From the dsm vendor home page: Brake Warehouse Phone: 800-814-0702
If you tell them you heard about them from Club DSM they may give you
a deal, YMMV.

Look for cross-drilled rotors, they cool better, less warpage.
One thing to avoid is hitting puddles after hard braking - not
good.

-Travis
'97 CC Sport+ 4WD 5pd
'92 Ply Laser AWD Turbo 5spd (REALLY QUICK!)

Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 22:41:31 -0500
From: Thinknet <thinknet@mindspring.com>
Subject: DML: 97 brake rotors

hey folks,
my rotors need to be replaced on my 97 CC V6. the just seem to keep on
warping and from what I remember a while back it is sorta common. any
suggestions on what types i should get? is there even a difference?

Cuervo