Blown gaskets

From: Popovich, Greg, BMG-NY1540 (Greg.Popovich@bmge.com)
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 10:51:39 EST

>>There's a Dak that comes to the drag strip every now and again with a
supercharger; he can't figure out how to keep it from >>blowing head
gaskets. Overall, nitrous is simpler.
>Ouch, this wasn't something I really wanted to hear <g>. Was he using a
lot of boost Jon?
>-Chris
Two things he can do is cut down on the boost, and lower his compression
(then again if you're running a SC you should have your compression set
to the range of 7 or 8:1). If you run compression higher than 7 or 8:1
you will blow gaskets or vent the pistons or worse.
Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd