Re: FORD MONEYPIT...attn Craig Baltzer

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 15:56:57 EST

I didn't have a tach (still don't on that car), but the valves were
definately starting to float at that speed... you could hear it... I had
fairly tall tires 275/60/15's... I'll have to figure out what the RPM was
again.. I can't remember... and that speed was indicated (It's a 150mph
speedo), who knows how accurate the speedo was at that rate!

The Charger didn't really float.. the shocks I had were very good, and the
body was designed to run NASCAR.. I was impressed with how well a 20 year
old (at the time) car held the road... now stopping, that was another
matter.. (4-wheel DRUMS!) downshifting was mandatory!

Gary Shook