From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 18:10:24 EST

From: Antonio De Anda <adeanda@earthlink.net>

Hello,
Glad you think that the KN Gen II is a rip off, I agree. I think your price
figures are even a little low, from the numbers that I have seen, these are
from cost sheets or jobber prices and they are showing retail prices of around
$245-285.
Now about the chrome pipe comment, I am the one making the Quick D intake kit.
Let me tell you, it is not that easy. First of all there are not that many
mandrel benders out there, and they are not cheap. They make you buy in bulk.
Sorry I have to add mark up to the kits but how else can I afford to buy 15
filters at one time, or 25 pipes at one time. I wish I could sell them at cost
but that is not possible. Thank God, the kits are selling really well to all
the Durango guys, other wise I would be out on the street. I only made a kit
for the dakota because I had a rental for a month and loved the dak. It is a
speedy little monster. I am still thinking about getting a RT.
If it is a choice, between the 14x3 and the as you call it a chrome pipe, and
an open element KN cone, I would go with the cone. The 14x3 sits on top of the
engine, and only takes in hot air. I agree, the Air aid kit is not well
thought out. I have heard a lot of negative things from people that have them
already and would like to try my kit. Oh yeah, my kit is still cheaper than
the air aid. I am using polished mandrel bent Stainless steel. That is not
cheap, the only way I can afford to sell it is by buying large quantities. And
at $159 plus shipping I think it is still the best bang for the buck. I
realize not that many of you know me, luckily I am pretty active with the
durango guys so they have kept me going. And I am really trying to get to know
you guys. I am running out of things to do to my Durango and you guys are way
ahead of us in the performance aspect. I would like to hear from any DMLers in
So Cal. Maybe we can get together and have lunch. I am still not working
since my accident so I am open to getting together anytime, anyday. I would
love to meet you guys and maybe letting you try out the kit first hand. It
takes about 10 min to put on, and then you will see the difference first hand.
Then if you dont like it, we can take it off and then you can tell everyone
else why you dont like it. I have one of the fastest durangos out there right
now. Now, Now, I realize I would not even come close to you guys off the line,
but then again I can carry 7 people on ski trips. I am not trying to persuade
any one to get my kit, I just think you guys should give me a chance before you
decide that it doesnt work. So far out of the 60 some durangos and 3 dakotas,
I have never heard any negative comments and hopefully can think of all the
owners as my friends. Take care all of you and stay safe.....Tony D

  ATTACHMENT at: adeanda@earthlink.net/dakkit.jpg">http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/ATTACHMENTS/adeanda@earthlink.net/dakkit.jpg