Re: check engine light is on

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Fri Dec 04 1998 - 02:29:37 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Tolentino <martindt@pacbell.net>
To: DML <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Thursday, December 03, 1998 8:10 PM
Subject: DML: check engine light is on

>Today must be check engine light day. Mine came on this morning. I
>called the dealer
>and they told me to check the gas cap and I apparently didn't tighten it
>down all the way.
>The light still didn't go out after tightening it. The manual says it
>takes 3 complete drive cycles to reset. Is a 3 mile commute a drive
>cycle?? I wish I had carcomp or ease software and a laptop.
>I made an appointment with Kearny Mesa Dodge to check the code, fix TSB
>23-65-97A loud popping noise while making sharp turn onto incline, and
>my free oil change.
>
>Sam if I'm not at patches with my Dakota I'll drive my 90 laser turbo.
>
>Bruce I want to get the check engine light fixed before I do the TB.
>
>Martin Tolentino
>99 Dakota R/T

    Just did the free oil change, and had them fix the loose fender (bed)...
I complained about the popping noise too, and they acted like I was smoking
CRACK or something. Give them hell... I plan on going back on Saturday,
with my LOUD exhaust (on my '95) and ask to talk to the service manager,
and get it resolved (TSB's on '99 R/T's, only '98 R/T's for the bed bolts.)
I tried to explain that the '99 is exactly the same (problem), and they
should look
into it (cause it ain't '99 yet, so I don't want to leave it until NEXT YEAR
to get
fixed correctly...and under warranty), but didn't want to wait another day,
as they
NEVER can reproduce a weird sound.. Never. If I can't get it resolved on my
next
visit, then it will be 'Bye Bye Kearny Mesa Dodge-- Once again, and I'll try
Carl Burger...'

  Drive your truck, that'll put 3- RT's there......

Sam '95 SLT