Re: Brake rotors

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 04 1998 - 12:27:27 EST

It still seems like Chrysler isnt the culprit here for producing low quality
rotors. The ONLY reason you need to turn rotors is if they are groved from the
owner not checking them too often and the metal from the pads, once the pads
are worn down, are digging into the rotors. It's all about preventative
maintenance. Like I said before, I still have the factory rotors on my 93
Dakota 4x4 with over 97,000 miles on it. I ahve gotten them turned I believe 3
times.....the next time I do a brake job on my 93 I am going to go ahead and
replace them anyways, just due to the fact that if they were to be turned
again, they wouldnt not be within acceptable specs. Just my OPINION!

Remember, dont punish the trigger, punish the finger. This statement also
applies to drivers and brake rotors! :)
Kyle