Pulsating Brakes

From: HrtbeatZ28@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 05 1998 - 09:38:38 EST

I too experienced pulsating until I regularly (about every 5000k) take the
tension off the lug nuts and retorque them to 95 lbs. I've done this on my
wife's Caravan and my Z-28. The Caravan has 85,000+, and the rotors are yet to
be turned, however it is on its second set of pads, Performance Friction
Carbon Metallic. The Z has cross-drilled rotors with duel piston calipers and
needs a little more frequent attention. Make sure your torque wrench is
calibrated and never use it to loosen, only tighten. Removing nuts with a
torque wrench throws the calibration off with use.