Re: Multiple Questions

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Sat Dec 05 1998 - 11:14:25 EST

>>Ok, now for the questions: I know they're dumb but..bear with me.
>
>Nobody's questions are ever dumb...=)

Right. Stupid people are the one that don´t ask questions. Like guys (I´ve
been guilty many times) not asking directions.

>>2. What's the difference between J-Body, L-Body, & other "alphabet" bodies
>that I've heard about?
>
>They are different chassis platforms on cars. Each chassis design is given
>a letter to make parts easier to find(i'm guessing here). J-bodies are 87
>- 94 Lebarons, L-bodies are the Omni/Horizon/Rampage/Shelbies, etc. 87-93
>Daks are N-bodies.

The Dakota is an N-body, but they´re the auto industry´s way of sorting out
projects.
They carry over into the parts business, since many parts from the dealer will
be unique to a chassis design. Back when the Dak was on the drawing board, the
chassis design was started years before the body style was settled. The newer
projects are all on computer, which helps compress the time scale considerably.

>>Thanks to anyone who replies either publicly or privately...I greatly
>appreciate it. I'm a DAK owner who wants to learn and be informed!
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>Michelle Warford
>>'93 Dakota LE
>
>Brian Lee