Re: Help ! Blowing oil out.

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sat Dec 05 1998 - 17:06:01 EST

have a compression test run. It should be easy on the 4 cyl engine. That
will tell you very quickly if you have a broken ring or hole in a piston.
If the compression check proves ok u nay need to pull the valve cover off to
see if oil drain holes in the head are stopped up which would make too much
oil stay in the valve cover area. Also if you have a hole in a piston you
should have a bad miss and either a burnt piston or broken rings will cause
lots of exhaust smoke. I don't know about engine exchangeability on older
Daks but the 4 cyl engine may or may not be the same as ones used in the
Dodge Shadow or Plymouth Sundance cars.
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC