Wiper blades and interior problems...

From: Michael & Jeannine Reynolds (jeanninemike@fuse.net)
Date: Mon Dec 07 1998 - 18:04:17 EST

Hello Digest:

Last Tuesday I was at my local Dodge dealership getting some warranty work
done. While I was waiting, I went over to the parts counter and talked to
the parts guy. I asked him if they had a replacement wiper blade for my '98
Dakota Sport+. He looked in the parts manual and couldn't find any!!! He
said the only listing that he showed from Chrysler was for the arm and/or
the blade assembly. He didn't have a listing just for the blade, and the
assembly cost about $14 each. So, I declined his offer of $10 each (I think
he was embarrassed that he didn't have the part). Does anyone know of a
good replacement wiper blade (model number would be appreciated) for the '98
Dakota? Hopefully it will be a direct replacement for the blade, not
something that is just a cheap generic replacement.

Trico makes a replacment assembly now. Nothing was available last year but
my dealer replaced mine under warranty...said up to 20,000 km. They are
$30.00 a side Canadian at the dealer ....the Trico's are about $15.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada