Re: Wiper blades and interior problems...

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Tue Dec 08 1998 - 01:53:15 EST

). Does anyone know of a
>good replacement wiper blade (model number would be appreciated) for the
'98
>Dakota? Hopefully it will be a direct replacement for the blade, not
>something that is just a cheap generic replacement.

Just get some good Trico's (they have a premium version- get that) or Bosch
Micro Edge replacements from your local auto parts store... I don't know
what length you need, but for each length, there's only 2 styles, and 1 will
fit, just ask the parts counter, and if they can't find a match in the
computer, they can bring them out to your truck to fit... I've had goo luck
with either of these

 My dealership was
>fixing a problem with some of the hard vinyl/plastic surfaces in my truck's
>interior. I have been noticing little discolored light gray spots in
>various places (I have the agate gray interior). The service manager said
>that this discoloration was caused by the plastic fasteners on the back
side
>of the panels "stressing" and causing the color to lighten. He even said
>that there was a TSB for it (I didn't have time to ask him for the #).
They
>fixed one spot by applying heat to the panel. This treatment wouldn't work
>for my other spots, so they're replacing them. Anyone else have (or heard
>of) this problem?

I had the same problem on my '96 Ram, but it responded well to the heat
treatment.

Finally, does anyone make a good, bolt-on rear anti-sway
>bar for the 97+ Dakota's?

I don't, sorry.

Thanks in advance.

no problem