RE: FW: Lowering Again (Sorry!) (Mike D.)

From: Lance Martz (LanceM@mcmullenargus.com)
Date: Tue Dec 08 1998 - 12:56:15 EST

Be careful of the Niche wheels because of available offset. This may
cause the wheels to be positively offset, making your wheels stick out
and possibly damaging your truck's fender and bedsides. With al that 's
been done to my Dakota, it's basically an R/T now although it wasn't
purchased that way. The Dodge lowering consists of a shorter spring and
a beefier sway bar. If you stick with your R/T springs and just utilize
the lower control arm, you'll keep your handling but have a lower center
of gravity and an even more improved ride. The rear is pretty much
unaffected by the kit, which consists of shackle/hanger relocators and a
small c-notch. I'm kind of leery of the other products mentioned in this
thread products personally and chose to use the Western Chassis products
on my own truck because of this. The others do make some good kits, but
I wasn't willing to find out if the Dakota was a good kit using MY truck
as a guinea pig. I've had great results with the Western Chassis kit and
made several changes to their system after installing it on my truck.
They actually made design changes to the kit based on my install ease
and/or difficulty. The kit is now as perfect as possible with all of the
bugs and flaws removed. When you get your kit, don't be concerned if it
looks slightly different from what you saw in Truckin'. That's only
because I made several changes to their design for ease of installation
and better fitment to the truck with fewer modifications. If you do, let
me know and I'll try to help you out wherever possible.
Lance Martz