Re: I've got the Flow!

From: Patrick Blossom (stdpwb11@shsu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 08 1998 - 19:56:09 EST

I have heard that a flowmaster will give you about one horsepower.
Personally i would save your money for a Gibson Cat-back or a 3" Borla XR1
muffler with three inch pipes. I have a Gibson on my ram and I love it. It
sound good and I could feel a power increase. I have heard a Borla XR1
muffler on a Cherokee with a 5.2 and it sounded very loud and mean.
-Patrick B.

<It looks pretty easy to install yourself but that just isn't the case. I
ended up taking mine to the muffler shop where they had to cut off the old
one and weld this new one on. As for performance, I got the Flowmaster 50
series SUV muffler, which is suppose to flow better than a three chamber.
Cost about $99 bucks. There has been NO performance increase or change in
mileage whatsoever, in fact it almost feels alittle sluggish compared to
before. In fact I'd say save your money.

Jason