Re: Re: Changes for '99 Dakota

From: Bob (kbshadow@email.msn.com)
Date: Wed Dec 09 1998 - 12:41:07 EST

I said improved front brakes but it said improved brakes, can't find out
what changes were made.
Below is copy of statement in carpoint.

Bob

New for 1999: The 1999 Base Dakotas get new 15 x 7 steel wheels, while
4-wheel-drive trims offer a new rack-and-pinion steering system.
Additionally all Dakotas boast improved brakes and a number of new optional
convenience features.
History: The 1999 Dakota is the second generation of a model that was
introduced in spring 1986. As was the case with its full-size Ram sibling,
sales skyrocketed when the previous squared-off design was replaced with the
current big rig-influenced look. While Chrysler calls the Dakota a compact
truck, it is in fact somewhat larger than its rivals. It is also the only
truck in its class to offer an optional V8 engine, though Club Cab versions
presently lack the third door offered by other manufacturers. Payload and
trailering capacity lead the compact truck segment.