Re: Re: Re: Vortech Group Buy... was: Vorteched R/T

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 09 1998 - 13:25:13 EST

<<Forgive the question. Is a OBD-11 computer a pre '94 computer? If so, yes
you can
send it to Super Chips and they will cut the case, extract the PROM and
install a
new one with more fuel, reduced total timing, etc. as needed. You may want to
check cost first 407-260-0838.

Allen

A '94 is a regular OBD controlled truck.. my truck is a '97, so it's OBD-II
controlled. There aren't very many people who will do the computer (don't know
why) but I found someone over the weekend...

The heads are now off my truck (~45k mi) and there are no unusual signs of
wear. The head gasket pushed its way out at the top of the #5 cylinder, but
the pistons look great, so if there was a overly lean condition, it would
probably have shown.

This is on my '97, w/ stock computer & injectors... I use Vortech's FMU for
enrichment, and a Crane Hi-6 TR for timing retard.

ttyl
Patrick