Dak sightings....and a few questions

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Wed Dec 09 1998 - 17:03:41 EST

A couple Dak sightings and a really big question...

Dak #1

Yesterday I saw a riced out Dak...=( How could one do such a thing?!?!?!

It was a first gen Dak. I saw at the local rice shop while I pumping gas.
It had a 4" tip (gold plated, no less!!!), was dropped, had a mirrored tint
on the back glass. It had a Kicker banner on the windsheild, and a Neuspeed
decal on the tailgate (WHY???). Arghh!! What a waste!

Dak #2

Now this one is the cool one. I had seen this one on campus before and
never really looked closely at it til today (and got some pics, too!!). It
was also a 1st gen. Dak. It had the 3.9l emblem on it and was an auto. It
was red with a gray stripe package, and had a stepside bed!! No tailgate,
though. It also had a factory looking light bar and had the stock 5 star
rims (like mike d.'s I think.). The interior was red and had bucket
seats. The headrests were strange. They were kinda like a rectangle with
the center missing. On the doorpanel was an engraved piece of wood where
the cloth insert ususally is. It said "Dakota ______". Son of a ...I
can't remember now dammit!!! If I think of it, I will post it.

Brian