Re[2]: Yikes!!

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Dec 09 1998 - 21:11:37 EST

Yep, I got the "pop" or "bang" noise a couple of times a few weeks ago but
I don't think it's anything to worry about. I believe it's caused by
trying to shift out of 4WD when the drivetrain is loaded like when you've
got your foot on the gas or when your turning.

Don't know about the pull to the left... Did you punch the gas after you
shifted into 4WD? I think you've got the part-time transfer case ('97 Dak)
so if you were in a turn when you shifted you might have slid as the rear
axle and front axle got equal amounts of torque and either sped up or
slowed down the front wheels... Just a thought.

T.