Re: Lifter tapping

From: Michael Fleigle (fleigle@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 15:23:43 EST

Because of the fact that I only got one reply to my lifter tapping
question (thanks Gary Shook) it is clear to me that nobody on the DML
knows anything about how to fix it. What I did was drain the oil, put
on a new oil filter, fill back up the oil with 4 quarts of 10w-30 and a
quart of Marvels Mystery Oil. After a short drive to the local fast
food place the lifter has now stopped tapping and the engine runs even
quiter. I was lucky, it could have been a lot worse than that.

Fleg
93 Dodge Dakota (no tap)
69 Baja Bug (no tap)
http://members.xoom.com/Fleg