RE: Lifter tapping

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 16:20:55 EST

Fleg,
You should not have any problem out of your lifters unless one gets gummed
up and sticks. Since they are hydraulic they operate off of oil pressure.
If run extremely hard, you may notice a ticking afterwards for a while until
the pressure refills the lifter. Also, over time, the internal springs will
somewhat weaken. You would want to consider replacing them at that point.
I'm not extremely knowledgeable on lifers, but I don't think I'm leading you
astray with any of the above. If I did, don't worry, someone will speak up.

Sorry for not catching your original post. Working a major proposal with
tomorrow as the deadline, and have been glazing over most of the DML for the
past two weeks in order to save my butt on this project. Later,
Rich - Ashburn, VA