Re: 94 Dakota 4x4, transfer case, fuel pump and now the tranny

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Fri Dec 11 1998 - 12:25:56 EST

The T-case takes tranny fluid, so that's why they charged you... and when they changed the t-case, they could have leaked some fluid out of the tranny when they had the yoke out, but I would clean it all up real good & monitor it closely...

<snip>
flashlight. I found the tranny fluid level low. I also found leakage around the tranny pan and at the rear of the tranny where the transfer case bolts to it. I have never seen any drops of fluid in my driveway since my transfer case was rebuilt, but I see fluid all over the tranny pan.
    What do you guys think?
    It hasnt been 30 days since I got my truck back from the tranny shop that did my transfer case. My receipt shows a charge for 5 qts of tranny fluid. My shop manual doesn't say anything about the need to drain the tranny to change out a transfer case. Do you think they just didnt get a good seal on those two areas? (tranny pan and transfer case)
    I would love input from everyone. The truck now has 85,000 miles.
    By the way look for some pictures to show up on the site of my Dakota. I emailed them in the other day.
    Tad