NV-3500

From: dogdak@hotmail.com
Date: Fri Dec 11 1998 - 16:41:49 EST

This is in response to the message regarding the problems with the NV-3500
5-speed. I also have a 97' Dakota 5.2 with a 3.55 rearend and this trans. I
have had problems with mine also, at 11000 miles the input shaft broke, crusing
at 75mph on the expressway, i figured it was a fluke. The dealer replaced the
transmission under warranty, and they used the mopar sythetic transmission
lube. But again just last week the trans went at 25000 miles, this time I was
city driving and in third gear, i have not yet heard what part broke.
Admittingly I like to use the throttle occasionally, but I don't feel I
excessively abuse it. I opted for the manual when ordering the truck for
durability, mostly because I've heard there was sometimes problems with the
dodge auto's. I do not tow excessive weight, only a utility trailer or a small
boat, both under 1500 lbs. I love the truck, and have had no other problems,
but I am unsure about the trans, hopefully this is the last of my transmission
pro!
!
blems.

         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)