Re: Re:cruise control in rain

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Dec 13 1998 - 12:37:45 EST

At 11:49 AM 12/13/98 , you wrote:

>What else do you know about this or where could I find info?

>> > Glad your Dad is OK! Sorry to hear about the Dak. I'll pour some Beer
>on
>> > the ground for her tonight. Also a cheap lesson for me, NO Cruise on
>wet
>> > slippery roads. Alan S.

>> I'm pretty sure it also mentions such a thing in the owners manual
>> about using cruise in inclement weather. I think ChryCo's lawyers
>> made 'em put it in there.

Direct quote from my 97 owner's manual:

"Don't use Speed Control in heavy traffic or on roads that are winding,
icy, snow-covered or slippery."

Wet roads should count as "slippery" by anyone's definition. I can't
believe that similar warnings are not in every year model owner's manual.
I've never seen an owner's manual since cruise control was invented that
didn't have similar warnings. I'm sorry about the accident and hope
everything works out OK, but driving on wet streets with cruise control,
epically with an over-powered, light-in-the-rear vehicle like a Dakota R/T
is not a wise thing to do.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail,net

If life were fair, Dan Quayle would be making a living
asking, 'Do you want fries with that?'-John Cleese