Re: Re: Reply to Ranger Page

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Dec 13 1998 - 13:54:58 EST

Dr. Pat says;

Before I was saved, I drove a 1991 Ranger with the 4.0 and some other
factory goodies. It was a deceptively fast truck. My reg. cab and short bed
was low on pounds and high in horses(I eventually put a Paxton in it).

Your brother-in-law has a bigger engine in a smaller truck. Unless you have
an advantage in the tranny and/or rear end ratio, he may get your goat. Your
reputation and that of Dak lovers throughout the free world rest is in
peril! Your mission, should you choose to accept it is;
Drive quickly to the nearest Vortech dealer and have him install one of them
blowers on that puppy. Then proceed to spank him back to Dearborn.

However, since you said you wanted to be "sweet" to your truck and to keep
peace in the family, just give him a ride in the Dak. The comfort level of
the Dak is enough to make a Ranger owner cry. Not only that, it looks way
better.
                             dadoctah@worldnet.att.net

>Subject: DML: Re: Reply to Ranger Page
>Date: Sun, Dec 13, 1998, 7:38 PM

Hey Jack! I'd love to take the '66 off your hands! AND I'm in GA, so it'd
not be completely GONE...By the way, about these manger idiots...I also
posted on their flame board...I'm the 13-year auto "Ford Fixer" tech. My
wife and I joke that Fords keep food on the table and, of course, allow me
to pay for my '99 Dak CC!

  I haven't had it but about a month and I'm trying to be sweet to it (God
knows I've wanted one for 10 years!), but I wanted to know whether my 3.9 is
actually faster than a 4.0 in a RangerX-cab. You see, my brother-in-law has
one (he sells 'em), and I want to know before I challenge him. I've got the
3.55 SG (it jumps off the line) and I'm sure it will, I just haven't seen
alot of the V-6 spanks here to know for sure. I sure don't wanna look
bad...He'd never stop laughing.