Re: Electric Fan

From: William Blount Arthur (m990198@nadn.navy.mil)
Date: Sun Dec 13 1998 - 19:25:41 EST

I have a perma cool 16 inch fan that I ordered from JEG's. It was 80
bucks and the thermastat (adjustable) was 45. The no adjustable one was
18 dollars. If I had to do it again, I would get the non adjustable one
and put it down at the colder end of the radiator. The adjustable one
works great though. The other was set at 170 degrees and I didnt want it
that cold, the fan might never cut off. Anyways, It added a good .2 sec
in the 1/4 mile and you can feel the addition especially at low end
torque. That old fan was HEAVY! Easy to instal! It likes to get up to
195 or so in the hot part of the summer, but it hasnt ever overheated or
even gone over 205 degrees. Normally, it is at 180 where my thermostat
is. Good luck.

Bill