RE: couldnt get new engine started-revisited

From: Philip D. Mallows (smallows@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Dec 14 1998 - 09:57:55 EST

That was me ! And still is :-(
I had a '91 2.5L put into my '89 Dak. The coil won't fire at all. Everything has been replaced at least twice and the truck is in the 2nd shop.
Someone told me that the wiring harness from the '91 engine has to be installed for the thing to run. Has anyone else had this or similar problems with an engine replacement? My '89 engine that blew was a 2.5L also.
Thanks,
Philip