MY Dyno #s for 98 R/T

From: Dyno05@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 14 1998 - 12:52:14 EST

Hey everyone,

  I had a visit with my local Dyno this past Saturday, and had some pretty
good results. I made 6 pulls. All of them were done at full operating
temperature. The first 2 were made with the stock air cleaner in a stock box
with a fresh air tube instead of the curved stock one. No other mods. The
uncorrected #s are :
 PULL 1; 213.5 hp, corrected to 206.2 hp
 PULL 2; 215.8 hp corrected to 208.6 hp.

  Pull 3 and 4 were done with a K N element and a JET 2 module.

PULL 3 219.4 hp, corrected to 212.1 hp
PULL 4 223.8 hp corrected to 216.5 hp

  Pulls 5 and 6 were done with the same mods and a short serpentine belt
bypassing the power steering and airconditioning compressor.

PULL 5 216.9 ( I dont have corrected #s for these two)
PULL 6 219.9

 As you can see with the shorter belt the numbers actually went down. I
believe this to be from the heat in the engine. There was no cool down time
after pulls 3 and 4 and the engine got pretty hot. It is pretty much
impossible for an engine to lose power by reducing parasitic drag. I am
installing Leach Headers and a Throttle Body very soon and will return with
more numbers, and better numbers from the shortbelt set up, with a cooler
running temp for sure. Overall I am quite pleased.

Dana W.