Re: Electric Fan(HELP!)

From: William Blount Arthur (m990198@nadn.navy.mil)
Date: Mon Dec 14 1998 - 13:26:36 EST

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 Rekker21@aol.com wrote:

> Ok, all sounds good. Now talk to me about the wiring. Thanks
> Eric

The wiring really isnt hard. I got the adjustable thermostat, which may
be different than the no adjustable, but I doubt it. It has a little
probe that you put in the radiator, it is like a pin that you stick
through. then you mount the box that is wired to the probe up. That is
the relay. You give it a ground and a 12V+. You can hook it up so that
it can only come on when the truck is running by hooking up a sensing wire
to the 12V+ terminal of your ignition coil, I just hooked it up to the
battery, because I dont care if it runs for a minute after I cut off or
not. Then, you hook one up to the positive wire of your ac compressor so
that the fan is always on when the AC is. To see which is positive, you
unplug the AC harness and get a voltmeter and crank the truck and turn the
ac on. It wont cut on because the harness is unplugged but you can see
which one is positive. This was the hardest part. Then, after getting
all this stuff mounted, and out of the way, you only run a positive line
out to the fan and ground the other wire out of the fan. On my fan, for
the back side of the radiator, red was grounded if I remember. It was a
reversable fan, thats why. Anyways, it was all pretty easy. Sorry this
was so long.

Bill
'97 SS/T----Oh, it came with all the wires and connectors you need. Just
get a crimping tool and you are good to go.