Picking on the Defenseless

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Mon Dec 14 1998 - 14:53:23 EST

(Place tongue firmly in cheek before reading)

   Ya know... I'm not sure I go for all that heckling of the Ranger crowd. I
mean, not out of any kind of chivlary or anything, but geeze guys, can't you
pick on someone that can defend themselves? Some of those comments were,
well, less than consolationary. I mean it's bad enough that they're stuck
with a crappy underpowered truck, and they blindly listen to Ford's own ad
campaigns, but now they have the midsize crowd pummling them. I'm not sure if
that's all that fair. Yes, you could probably toss a whole Ranger in the bed
of a Dakota and still beat another one in a drag race, but that doesn't
justify wailing on them for the garbage they chose to waste money on.
   It's kinda like that "I just bought a Dakota V8" guy who thinks he did but
found out it was only a can of mixed vegtable juice from a convienence store
in Fargo, ND. I'd have the same reaction to, "Hey, this stuff is shit! I
didn't want a V8 after all!". He just wasn't serious enough to separate
fantasy from reality. In his fantasies he'd wished he'd bought a Dakota but
woke up and found himself in a Ranger and was so disappointed he blamed it on
the Dakota. I mean we all know he didn't really buy one, because only an
ABSOLUTE TOTAL MORON would buy a vehicle he never test drove. I don't think
anyone is that dumb, so my other explanation is the only one that makes sense.
 You have to feel sorry for these people, not antagonize them. It kinda makes
us bullies, don'tcha think? Just some food for those with a conscience...

(Big Grin)

Shaun H.