Dak Leaking water

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Dec 14 1998 - 12:45:34 EST

Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 10:13:15 -0500
From: Bill Fleming <BillF@lantech.com>
Subject: DML: '89 Dak Leaking water(clear)from under dash air ducts

My wife is not impressed! Rained here in Ky. over the weekend. We
were out
doing some Christmas shopping and as I turned a sharp left turn, she
let out
a blood-curdling scream that nearly put me in the ditch. Seems some,
well,
more than just some really cold, wet water came pouring out of the
heater
duct on the passenger side of the Dak and straight into her shoe.

It was OK though after I told her not to put her foot under the heater
thingy. (Yeah, right!)

Anyhow, haven't had a chance to look into the situation yet, thought
maybe
someone would have some suggestions on where to look for the source
of this
discomfort.

Bill F.

Check for plugged drains under the hood, on either side. Water that
enters the louvered area below the windshield drains out into the
wheel wells. Your heater air inlet is in there. My guess is one or
both drains is plugged with leaves or needles.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com
Victoria, B.C.
Canada