Truck Won't Start

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Dec 14 1998 - 13:11:37 EST

-----------------------------

Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 10:51:30 -0500
From: "Sawyer, Travis" <tsawyer@northc.com>
Subject: Re: DML: '97 4x4 5spd v8 WON'T START

Lusers (yeah, I felt like a loser, so I checked the 'troubleshoot
section') manual says if it's flooded, put the pedal to the floor.
I went back yesterday and it was around 45 degrees F. I was about
to by the Slick 50 gas treatment (this stuff ROCKS!) and dump it
in both the DAK and the laser. I'm hoping the dealer finds this
problem
soon, and I hope it is under warranty.

I tried the WD40 down it throat trick and it fired up for a second.
There's
no way it's getting any fuel. :(

- -travis

Sounds like a dead fuel pump. Mine (97) died and behaved just like
that. Hope the truck is under warranty ....mine was, the job is
worth about $600 (Canadian).

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com
Victoria, B.C.